Some things that have made me smile on ye olde internets this week:
- The super awesome Megan and Scott are getting married! Read a bit about it here and read her thoughts on Prop 8 here.I could not be more sincere when I tell you I'm just thrilled for those crazy kids.
- Is there anything cuter than this? Ok, maybe this is.
- I'll admit I'm a bit (ok a lot) of a cynic when it comes to politics but man that Obama guy is chipping away at that steadily, and now the super fantastic Mayor Gregor Robertson here in Vancouver, along with his team of stars, is on its way to turning me into Pollyanna. What with the Community Garden planned for the lawn at City Hall and the plans to approve backyard chickens I'm falling in love with this city all over again.
- Speaking of love, I kind of love this dress. A lot. But I may be being unfairly swayed by the awesome shoes it is shown with and the fantasty of springtime dress and sandal wearing. And, on a more local shopping front (for me), the Smoking Lily gals already had me with the design of this dress, but the description? Sold. Read for yourself: "We are dreaming of being on a warm Italian seashore sipping lemoncello(sp?) right now instead of this extreme cold snap we are having. So we took our sweet seahorse top turned it into a dress, add a key hole, made it in a stretch cotton poplin and voila! Il sole è il tasto al mio cuore!"
- And speaking of Anthro-lovin', Alex has a lovely post up this week on negotiating technology in a balanced life. I happened to read that same passage in Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle this week and was equally struck by it. Speaking of which, I have a number of thoughts on that book that I plan to share here soon, along with some ruminations on this year's garden plans.